Conditions are updated frequently and change nearly daily...
These are just some generals we know for sure.
- West Fork/Lake Fork: Snowbanks on plateau & west side switchbacks require some snow travel.
- East Rosebud/Beaten Path: Mosquitos in force on Cooke City side. Consistent snow pack and travel from Skull Lake and around Fossil Lake. Fossil Lake still mostly solid... Recent bear activity on East Rosebud side.
- Timberline Lake: Trail clear of snow, creek crossing before Lake Gertrude is still pretty high.
- Palisades/Willow/Nichols Creek: Watch for horses, mountain bikes, and trail runners. There is bear activity, so carry your bear spray!
- Island Lake/Beartooth Lake: Mosquitos in Force! Creeks still pretty high... Albino Lake 1/2 frozen, Jasper Lake is still fully frozen.
- Mystic Lake: Mosquitos in force! Trail is clear to Froze-To-Death Plateau.
- Sylvan Lake/Crow Lake: Lakes are open, no stock on the Sylvan trail due to down trees.
Give us a call at (406) 446-1770 if you're looking for a more current or specific trail report!