Conditions are updated frequently and change nearly daily...
These are just some generals we know for sure.
Updated August 26, 2018
- West Fork/Lake Fork: Sundance Pass trail is free of snow.
- East Rosebud/Beaten Path: Trail in good condition to Cooke City, just a few small snowbanks, creek crossings are knee-high or lower, bear activity on both sides... Be sure to keep a super clean camp!
- Timberline Lake: Trail clear of snow, creek crossing before Lake Gertrude is still pretty high.
- Palisades/Willow/Nichols Creek: Watch for horses, mountain bikes, and trail runners. There is bear activity, so carry your bear spray!
- Island Lake/Beartooth Lake: Mosquitoes are still out in force, nighttime temps are at or below freezing... First snow was August 9th.
- Mystic Lake: Mosquito level is down, black flies and horseflies are out.
- Sylvan Lake/Crow Lake: Lakes are open, no stock on the Sylvan trail due to down trees.
- Line Creek: New sign posts for trail location posted earlier this summer by Mountain Bike group and backcountry horsemen. Please follow them to reduce trail erosion.
- Stillwater/Lake Plateau: Mosquitoes are out at higher elevation lakes, bear activity in meadows.
Give us a call at (406) 446-1770 if you're looking for a more current or specific trail report!